Why?

"The Rising of Women Is the Awakening of Everybody."- Dr. Tererai Rent
I write to an audience whom I have no connection to, other than them coming to this very piece of writing to see what it is that I have to say. 
Well, you're here now. Why? Out of curiosity maybe. Or because you relate to my way of thinking and were searching for other powerful women to talk to. Whatever reason it may be, you're present, in whichever space reading this. Thank you, I appreciate your existence. I appreciate your ability to overcome battles and issues bigger than anything you could have ever imagined. As I also have done so, congratulations to us women of all pathways of life. 

Now, I'm writing to tell you this is just the beginning of THE BEGINNING. I have goals and dreams, both of which cannot launch without me starting somewhere. So I chose to start here, on a blog. My purpose in life is to uplift and empower women. Never allow women to bring other women down, never accept women who have historically been known to bring a particular kind of women down [if you are that woman doing so and has not initiated a way of turning over a new leaf, then please consider doing so]. Mainly, this is for my women of color EVERYWHERE. For all the different shades and ways like, unlike mine. 

This platform is to share the different observations, break-throughs, and downfalls that I have encountered in my daily life. 

This beginning is motivation for my dreams in being able to create opportunities to help women of color of various professions. It is to shine a light on their existence and give them the necessary tools to help them fully execute their purpose to its full potential. This, for now, is a place of discussion; my thoughts being put out into the complexities of the social web for it to simmer and be absorbed by special souls. This is my first call to action for my vocation and I know it will be well accepted because it comes from my heart. 

Peace to all 
and expect genuine
discussions to come. 
- Yailenne Escobar 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mental Health in Communities

Through Your Eyes

Why It's Worth It